23 So He called them to Himself and said to them in parables: “How can Satan cast out Satan?
24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
25 And if a house is dividedagainst itself, that house cannot stand.
Mark 3:23-25 (NKJV)
Family Ministry – goals
• Bind families more closely together by providing them with opportunities to spend more
time together to fellowship.
• Provide events specifically targeted to families.
• Provide fun events targeted to different children age groups to take into consideration
children’s different needs. The ultimate hope is to provide our children fun opportunities
so they can spend more time with their church friends. The goal is to increase retention
rate of our youth
• More overall individuals’ involvement in our church
• Promote spiritual and personal growth opportunities
How are we going to achieve these goals
• Offering a variety of events ensures the interest of a larger number of families
• Family Ministry will on average sponsor one event a month. This should help reach a higher
turnout as families look forward to coming and there are less conflicts with other events
• During the events, children can consolidate their friendships with church friends as they are
given the opportunity to spend more time with them and share the same experiences.
Pathfinders club is one of these outlets and it has proven to strengthen relationships among
parents as well as children.
• Some special events like Mission Trips could provide an invaluable experience for the
participants. They impart an evangelistic opportunity and a chance for spiritual as well as
personal growth for any member in the family.
• Other events such as speakers and VBS would provide other occasions for personal and